Friday 25 November 2011

Stop Motion Again

I've been doing some tests with liquid latex on snipping foam to see how well it works. The results are quite nice, and it's the process is not too complicated. So I decided to try this on a puppet!
It's a green monster, inspired by the one from the movie The Creature From The Black Lagoon.



It is a alluminium wire armature. I used wooden blocks for the chest and the feet, epoxy putty and alluminium tube for the arms, legs and hips. The eyeballs in the skull are wooden balls and are animatable. The jaw can go up and down and I also added some wired piece of loose skin at the back of its head, which makes it also animatable.


As soon as my computer likes me again, I'll upload some test animations I did. 

2 comments:

willborough said...

exciting!

B

jriggity said...

Awwwweeesome!! cant wait.

jriggity